Clean Clothes Campaign is looking for an
Secretary of the Board of Clean Clothes Campaign
We’re looking for a secretary with a focus area on legal matters for the board of Schone Kleren Campagne/ Clean Clothes Campaign (SKC/CCC). Our preference is for someone with international experience, gained at a non-profit or semi-profit organisation. For this position, we look for a candidate with experience/knowledge in e.g. Dutch business law or contract law. But please don’t hesitate to apply if you are a younger candidate who doesn’t fulfil all the requirements.
SKC/CCC strives to be a diverse and inclusive organisation. We therefore explicitly invite people in marginalised positions to respond to this vacancy.
The SKC/CCC Foundation is dedicated to improving working conditions and supports the empowerment of workers - most of them women - in the global garment and sportswear industry. The CCC global network consists of more than 230 trade unions and NGOs, both in consumer and production countries, which are committed to a shared Global Strategic Framework and cooperate in global working groups, as well as through national and regional coalitions. For more information on our recent campaigns and advocacy work, as well as our vision, mission and principles, you can visit https://cleanclothes.org.
The foundation has been around for over 30 years and has a special structure: there is no hierarchy, decisions are made based on consensus, and everyone has the same salary. There are 28 employees, of whom 23 work from the office in Amsterdam and five from Brussels.
The unremunerated board has certain decision-making power in the field of finance and personnel and, in other matters, it follows the substantive and policy choices of the organisation and the network.
The organisation operates in a very dynamic and challenging environment. This requires a flexible attitude and the ability to improvise both from staff and board members.
The board of SKC/CCC consists of five members. Each member has a focus area: chair, finance, HR, legal and general affairs.
Tasks of the secretary with focus area legal
- Is the first in line for information or advice for the NGO for legal matters on an operational and organisational level (e.g. Dutch business law, contract law);
- Taking part in discussions and decision-making of the board;
Organising the quarterly meetings in collaboration with the chair, to collect input and prepare the agenda for the meeting;
- Taking minutes (by rotation) during the board meeting and share them with all board members for approval.
The time required for these tasks depends on the circumstances. To give an estimate:
- 4-6 meetings per year, these usually last 2.5 hours;
- Preparation time for these meetings is about max. 2 hours at a time;
- And some additional hours for ad hoc tasks between meetings and keeping in touch with the organisation.
- Fluency in English, Dutch desirable;
- Connecting style of collaboration (such as effective communication, open dialogue, and the ability to build positive relationships that contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment);
- Interest in dynamics and decision-making processes in a flat organisation;
- Affinity with the objective of the organisation;
- Preferably a broad and relevant network;
- Experience in the non-profit sector or another relevant sector such as politics or union is a plus;
- Living within reasonable travel distance from Amsterdam;
- A legal background is not necessary but is an advantage.
Please send your application with CV and motivation letter no later than February 15th, 2024 through this link; https://skc-ccc.homerun.co/secretary-of-the-board-of-clean-clothes-campaig/en/apply
The interviews will be held end of February or early March at our Amsterdam office.