Clean Clothes Campaign is looking for a
Regional Coordinator, Clean Clothes Campaign South Asia Coalition
About Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC)
Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) is dedicated to improving working conditions and supporting theempowerment of workers - most of them women - in the global garment industry. CCC is a Global Network with membership of more than 230 trade unions and NGOs. All of the members and partners within the global network are committed to a shared Global Strategic Framework, and cooperate in global working groups through national and regional coalitions. For more information on our recent campaigns and advocacy work, as well as our vision, mission and principles
CCC South Asia Coalition (CCC SAC)
South Asia Regional Coalition (SAC) of CCC was established in 2016. It includes trade unions, women’s’ organisations & labour rights organisations from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka as members and partners. SAC is searching for a Regional Coordinator to coordinate, facilitate and follow-up on actions, communications and strategic work in the region across these five countries and to work together with the global network and other regional coalitions. This region gives a challenging opportunity in an environment of complex and specific dynamics in and between countries.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication with SAC members and partners and other entities of the global network.
- Facilitate discussions and ensure decisions are taken and implemented timely through consensus.
- Work with the SAC Regional Board to implement actions and strategies in the region.
- Work in cooperation and collaboration with other regional coalitions, International Office, Working International Groups and other entities of the Global Network.
- Monitor and proactively communicate the key developments in the garment and apparel sector in the region, and if required support to develop a CCC Network position.
- Organise digital and face-to-face meetings.
- Work together with the Regional Urgent Appeal Coordinator and International Office on Urgent Appeal cases, and other priority issues.
- Conduct strategic discussions and coordination on key issues/cases that are important to the region.
- Work with other entities in the network on fundraising.
- Be an ex-officio representative in the Strategic Board of the CCC Global Network.
- At least 5 years experience working with labour rights or human rights organisations in the region.
- Knowledge about business and human rights, and/or labour rights, or social justice, supply chains.
- Coordination skills and able to manage detailed information.
- Ability to build and cultivate strong relationships, with a demonstrable affinity with the social and labour movements in the region.
- Willingness and ability to work with diversity in terms of gender, race, religion, caste, ethnicity and sexuality.
- Experience in coordinating a variety of organizations within a wide network (global or regional preferably).
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating within and outside the network.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible given work across time zones and to undertake overseas travel
- Knowledge about trade unions and civil society organisations - and their sensitivities - in the region.
- Knowledge about the rights of workers in the garment and sportswear sector and supply chain.
- A freelance fulltime contract for 5 days per week for 46 weeks a year.
- A dynamic job in a non-hierarchical and an inspiring international network
- Initially a 1-year contract which, upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds, will be renewed.
- Salary of 104 Euros/day.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than March 10th, 2023.
The first round of interviews will be conducted in the period 15th - 25th March 2023.