Clean Clothes Campaign is looking for a
Fundraising / Grant Manager for Asian CCCs
About Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC)
Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) is dedicated to improving working conditions and supporting theempowerment of workers, most of them women, in the global garment industry. CCC is a Global Network with membership of more than 230 trade unions and NGOs. All of the members and partners within the global network are committed to a shared Global Strategic Framework, and cooperate in global working groups through national and regional coalitions. You can find more information on our recent campaigns and advocacy work, and our vision, mission and principles on our website.
The CCC Network offers dynamic roles in a non-hierarchical and inspiring international labour rights network. You can play an active role in promoting international solidarity and activism and be part of successful struggles for workplace rights that deliver real improvements in garment workers' lives.
This is a position that combines 2 separate portfolios: grant management and fundraising. The 2 portfolios are expected to have roughly equal time requirements over the long term, but there will be periods where one might take precedence over the other. Our Asian coalitions include East Asia, South East Asia and South Asia, which includes labour organisations, trade unions and women’s organisations as members and partners from countries within any of these Asian regions.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Actively seek, identify and follow up fund-raising opportunities for the Asian CCCs.
- Lead the development of Asian CCCs fund-raising strategy and systems.
- Coordinate the development of funding proposals, including ones already in the pipeline. Tasks include developing an efficient and transparent process for each proposal; ensuring internal and external deadlines are met; working together with global CCC teams and network members including IO funding coordinators; and facilitating meetings and conference calls
- Participate in the fund-raising task force of CCC
- Build and maintain relationships with donor organisations, both current and prospective ones
- Actively follow developments in the sector, and prepare reports on donor organisations and scoping analysis of the national and international donor field
- Raise awareness of CCC’s goals and activities among various constituencies, through sharing information and attending meetings and events
- Work with other teams of Asian CCCs to ensure that the program implementation and process is coherent and transparent
- Manage the contracts with the re-granting partners and provide logistical and administrative support
- Communicate with the Asian CCC Network on the progress and outcomes of the program. (together with other program officers)
- Strengthen the selected re-granting partners and support them in building tailor-made capacity programs, which may include organizing workshops, trainings, leadership programs, skill-sharing opportunities and long-term learning exchanges
- Together with allies and partners, develop and implement the process and necessary tools in order to monitor, evaluate and report on the progress of the program to the donor
- Participate in the bi-weekly grant management meeting of the International Office
- Develop financial administration and grant management policies.
- At least 5 years experience in fundraising and/or grant management
- Experience in coordinating a variety of organizations within a global network
- Experience with large, complex, multi-year funding proposals
- A successful track record in developing funding proposals
- Knowledge of the international donor field
- Experience with narrative/financial reports and PMEL systems
- Excellent (inter-cultural) communication and networking skills
- Research and writing skills, and the ability to creatively and persuasively conceptualize grant proposals and reports for institutional donors
- Experience in and knowledge of capacity building and gender issues
- (Near) native level of English, both in speaking and writing, and proficiency in at least 1 Asian language
- Commitment to labour rights, and knowledge of the garment industry and labour rights issues are a plus
- Willingness and ability to be flexible given work across time zones and to undertake overseas travel
- A competitive remuneration package and salary range will be offered based on qualifications and experience for 5 days per week (40 hours), 46 weeks per year
- The Fundraiser / Grant Manager will work from home and can be based in any country in the region where Asian CCC has members or partners.
- Costs to cover equipment and direct expenses related to the position will be agreed upon
- This is an initial one year freelance contract which may be renewed pending performance and availability of funds. The intention is to have the position for at least three years
- There is an expectation to travel as and when needed where it is possible to travel
- Start date: ASAP
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Applications will close on March 31st, 2023.