Schone Kleren Campagne / Clean Clothes Campaign is looking for a
PayYourWorkers & RespectLabourRights Campaign Consultant
Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) is dedicated to improving working conditions and supporting the empowerment of workers - most of them women - in the global garment and sportwear industry. In the more than 30 years of our existence, an effective global network of more than 230 trade unions and NGOs has been created. Members and partners within the CCC global network are committed to a shared Global Strategic Framework, and cooperate in global working groups, as well as through national and regional coalitions. For more information on our recent campaigns and advocacy work, as well as our vision, mission and principles, you can visit our about section.
CCC’s goals include being a diversity-based organisation in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. We would like to be a reflection of society and are looking for people with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences.
The assignment includes
- Coordination, mobilisation, and expansion of, as well as outreach to the 250+ endorser coalition of the PayYourWorkers/RespectLabourRights campaign.
- Co-development & management of an ambitious escalation strategy of campaigning, advocacy, and outreach to convince major garment brands to agree to the campaign’s demands.
- Outreach to garment brands and coordination of the coalition’s efforts to engage brands behind the scenes.
- Developing and executing mobilising strategies to engage supporters for the campaign.
- Researching and assessing key campaign moments and avenues, to win the targeted cases and convince the highlighted brands of the campaign.
- Organising off-line, in-person campaign pushes (speaker tours, store actions, creative stunts etc.)
- Monitoring campaign activities and donor reporting on the level of content narrative.
- Engaging and channelling media attention.
Required skill set:
- Proven ability to independently develop and implement campaign strategies.
- Ability to lead an ambitious outreach and advocacy strategy towards brands, investors and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of how to interest media for your work and the ability to transform complex matters into clear campaign asks and messages to the media, supporters and endorsers.
- Ability to write compelling advocacy texts and letters to brands.
- Strategic insights into what constitute crucial campaign opportunities and research skills needed to further investigate those opportunities.
- Willingness to work within a global network (and preferably previous experience), including flat decision-making structures.
- Excellent communication and networking skills, including intercultural awareness.
- Native or near-native speaker level English skills both in speaking and writing.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible given work across time zones and to undertake overseas travel.
- Experience with setting up supporter journeys, e-mail outreach, and online campaigning tools/social media would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of the garment industry and labour rights issues is desirable but no requirement.
- The opportunity to work with a team of committed labour right professionals – and a vibrant and diverse global network - to structurally improve working conditions and support the empowerment of manufacturing workers in global garment and sportswear supply chains.
- A freelance contract till end of September 2023 for 4 days a week.
- For a total of 46 weeks per year, a fee between EUR 177 and EUR 310 per day, depending on the location.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 6th, 2022. The first round of interviews will be conducted in the week of February 14th on Zoom.